Therapist, M.Ed. RMHCI
Specialties: Self-esteem issues, substance abuse issues, couples therapy, sexuality and relationship issues, co-dependency issues, stress, life transitions, therapy sessions in Swedish
Superpower: Asking the right questions, providing a non-judgmental space, and being a positive light
As humans, we are naturally wired to seek connection and acceptance, which can make it feel difficult to reach out for support from others in our lives during trying times. It’s common to feel stuck and insecure in how to proceed, whether this may be individual, relationship or family struggles. Whatever it is you are experiencing, I am prepared to support and guide you to let the best you shine through and overcome the various life stressors with confidence. I believe in the power of accessing emotions to gain clarity into your life and into yourself, allowing you to implement healthy changes to establish a fulfilling existence.
My therapy focuses on self-esteem, stress, empowerment, life transitions, communication, co-dependency, sex, sexuality and relationship issues. I use a compassionate and non-judgmental, humanistic therapy approach utilizing various therapy modalities to cater to each individualized need. I have years of practice in CBT, DBT and am certified in emotionally focused therapy for individuals and couples. I am passionate about helping others, and love working with relationship dynamics.
My counseling journey begins with a background in Health Sciences with a minor in Psychology at Northeastern University where I received my bachelor’s in science degree. I continued my education at Florida Atlantic University earning my master’s in education for Clinical Mental Health Counseling. During my master’s degree, I worked my clinical internships at various substance abuse treatment centers helping individuals as well as their significant others and families. I am originally from Stockholm, Sweden and moved to Florida 15 years ago, and thus am also available to offer therapy in Swedish.
When I am not working, I love spending my time with my son, friends, and family. I am a foodie and love to experience new cuisines and find great places to eat. I enjoy traveling and exploring new places, including locally- every city has their hidden gems!
- Chi Sigma Iota- Counseling Honors Society
- Phi Kappa Phi- Academic Honor Society
- Northeastern University Huntington 100 Award- Outstanding Student Achievement Honor
- Young Global Leader Program- Northeastern University
- Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy- Level 1 & 2
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy- Sex as a safe adventure connecting Sexually and Emotionally
- SYMBIS Assessment
- Bachelor of Science, Health Sciences, Minor in Psychology from Northeastern University
- Master of Education, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Florida Atlantic University
- Primary Therapist, Beachway Therapy Center
- Therapist, Ceres Counseling
- International Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- American Counseling Association
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- South Florida Emotionally Focused Therapy Association
- Save Your Marriage Before It Starts (SYMBIS)